Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes & Stila Convertible Color: REVIEW & SWATCHES

Sunday, March 1, 2015

I have no shame in admitting that I am ADDICTED to blushes (well, I am pretty much addicted to beauty products in general). I am totally well aware that I have too many blushes for my own good.

With the several years of makeup hoarding and experience, I have fallen in love with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes and the Stila Convertible Color (Blushes), which are my favorite powder blushes and cream bases respectively.




Top to Bottom: Buff, Adored, Fearless, Empowered, Hibiscus, Peach Blossom

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes
Price: $28 (Formerly, $26)
Availability: tartecosmetics.com, Sephora, Ulta, QVC

Buff
I love Tarte blushes in general. They are sooooo soft and pigmented. Buff is a nude-brown shade that gives a nice hint of color to the cheeks, while still looking natural. I have also been contemplating of using this as a warm toned bronzer, but I have not done so.

Adored
This shade is a cool (blue) toned pink with flecks of shimmer which are pretty obvious in the pan. Thankfully it does not make your face look like disco ball when you apply it, but instead it gives a pretty pink flush to your cheeks.

Fearless
Unlike Adored, Fearless is a warm toned pink blush. Although I love both, I like Fearless better because I think it looks better on my skin tone and it does not have shimmer in it which makes it better for every day use for school or work (even though I do love shimmer).

Empowered
This shade is a warm toned peachy-pink color with shimmer. Since it is lighter than Adored and Fearless, this shade would also be good for every day use and those who are iffy about brighter colors will fall in love with this color.

Stila Convertible Color 
Price: $20
Availability: stilacosmetics.com, Sephora, Ulta

Hibiscus
I bought this along with Peach Blossom (below) a few months ago and I was surprised with how much I really liked them! They are creamy, smooth, easy and not messy to apply.I like them better than other cream blushes I own (Nyx Stick Blushes and E.l.f. HD Blush). Although I do prefer cream blushes over powder ones since they are easier to blend and last longer, however I use powder ones more because they are faster to apply and touch up with. Hibiscus is a peachy-pink color perfect for spring and summer months. I have not worn this too many times before but I intend to when the weather gets warmer.

Peach Blossom
This coral-red color is super pigmented and would look perfect in the summer time. The swatch may look daunting for those who are not into color but it blends well, leaving your face with a hint of warmth.

For more updates and information, follow me on Instagram, @shesadaydream

xoxo, Rachel

1 comment

  1. wow lovely shades and an intresting post.http://fabfragworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

@shesdaydream. Powered by Blogger.
 

About Me

My photo
New York City based beauty blogger, up to date with the latest beauty products and trends by combining my love for writing with my passion for beauty.

Instagram Feed

Archives

Search This Blog

Popular Posts